WHO WE ARE
The Auto & Truck Recycling Association of New Hampshire, referred to as ATRA, exists for multiple purposes. First and foremost is to promote environmentally friendly business practices throughout the facilities engaged in automobile and truck recycling, dismantling and salvage within the state of New Hampshire.
ATRA promotes uniform commercial practices among its members and provides leadership in ensuring familiarity with local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing the conduct of our businesses. It represents the interests of its members before governing bodies, seeking to ensure recognition of the contributions the recycling industry in its daily practices. ATRA seeks to work closely with regulatory bodies such as the Department of Environmental Services, the Department of Safety, the Department of Transportation as well as organizations with similar goals such as the NH Municipal Association, The NH Auto Dealers Association, the NH Towing Association and many others.
Code of Ethics
· To promote the conservation of energy and the total utilization of our resources, both natural and manufactured.
· To determine, within all practical limits, the quality and condition of each automotive part offered for direct recycling and to represent same accurately.
· To accept the social responsibilities for good community relations, improved environment, and integration of minority, charitable and civic organizations.
· To be compatible business neighbors.
· To maintain a clean and non-polluted environment in our places of business.
· To operate according to the ordinances, statues, and laws of the various jurisdictions.
· To extend every reasonable effort to market, rather than scrap, reusable automotive parts, so as to achieve for the community, maximum energy and material savings benefits in the manufacture of similar replacement parts.
· To provide the best product at the lowest possible cost.
· To provide the public with a maximum degree of satisfaction from the services rendered and merchandise sold.
· To be truthful and accurate in all advertising and selling.